Are you planning on Detoxing, Cleansing or Fasting?
Before you do, read this first. You hear a lot about the supposed health benefits of a cleanse or detox, designed to eliminate toxins from your body. There are many claims about various detox regimens, which could be in the form of a fast, diet, drink or powder.
Removing toxins has questionable benefits, including:
- Improved energy.
- Weight loss.
- Relief from constipation.
- Resolved headaches, muscle aches and fatigue.
Sounds great, right? What you may not realize is that our bodies naturally detox! Our digestive tract, liver, kidneys and skin are responsible for breaking down toxins for elimination through urine, stool or sweat.
What are the pros and cons of detoxing?
Before you decide to cleanse and spend big bucks on a magic drink or pounds of freshly juiced fruits and vegetables, Patton says to be sure to weigh the benefits and drawbacks.
- You’ll benefit from increased intake of vitamins and minerals either naturally from juiced fruits and veggies or supplemented from drinks.
- It can help you identify food sensitivities by eliminating certain foods for several days, then gradually reintroducing potential trigger foods.
- These diets are low in calories, which will leave you with little energy to exercise and may disrupt your metabolic rate and blood glucose levels.
- You may experience gastrointestinal distress and frequent bowel movements.
- Detox diets are low in protein.
As a Naturopathic Doctor, Dr. Yimoyines from Tolk Wellness Center in CT uses natural remedies to help the body heal itself. It embraces many therapies, including herbs, massage, acupuncture, exercise, and nutritional counseling.
Naturopathy was brought to the United States from Germany in the 1800s, but some of its treatments are centuries old. Naturopathy is a form of healthcare that combines modern treatment with traditional methods. It includes alternative, natural therapies to modern medicine.
From Feb 26 to March 15, Dr. Keith Yimoyines will be discussing the differences between detox vs. cleanse vs. fast in an online recorded webinar. Book your FREE online consultation with Dr. Yimoyines at email@example.com or call us at 860-651-3521.
- Who needs to detox? Symptoms of toxin exposure and multiple chemical sensitivity.
- -Toxic chemicals in our environment. Heavy metals, pesticides, etc.
- -Phase 1 and 2 liver detoxification
- -Choosing the right detox plan and length
- -Every day detox (organic foods, water filters, techniques (castor oil packs, skin brushing, cold shower, IR Sauna)